I have done necessary updates to STATUS page [1], and the Incubator Tuscany
page [2]. Note that the changes on the incubator page takes a little while
to get reflect on the live website.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/STATUS
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tuscany.html

On 5/21/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't think that document says we MUST include the STATUS document. It
says "Check status document" meaning check that the STATUS doc doesn't say
there are outstanding legal issues that may prevent a release. Even if
that
releasemanagement doc did say we must, the doc is still under development
and in draft state so I'm not sure its binding policy. Given other recent
incubator releases didn't include the STATUS doc and an IPMCer recently
said
it could be removed from a distro i think this is not a blocking issue.

   ...ant

On 5/21/07, Luciano Resende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Regarding the STATUS document, I think the policy say we must include
> them,
> check [1] on the "Release Documentation" and "STATUS document" sessions.
> Also our STATUS file is not up to date, and I can take care of helping
> updating that after I finish reviewing the rest of the release
candidate.

> [1] - http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
>
> On 5/21/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hey many thanks for the prompt and detailed review.
> >
> > I can't remember exactly about the STATUS file, i think it may be an
old
> > requirement that is no longer necessary. I can find this
> incubator-general
> > email [1] about the recent CXF release which included and old and
> > incorrect
> > status file, and the guidance from an IPMC member was its ok to just
> > remove
> > it from the distro, so i think its fine we don't include this.
> >
> > All these other comments seem like good things we should do in future,
> if
> > we
> > do have to respin the 0.90 distro's for some other reason I'll try to
> > incorporate some of them.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >    ...ant
> >
> > [1]

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200705.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

> > On 5/21/07, kelvin goodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ant,
> > >   I've had a good poke around and built the source distro and run
the
> > > tests
> > > successfully. The only potential blocking issue I have found is that
> > > absence
> > > of a STATUS file,  which it was my understanding should be copied in
> > from
> > > the project's STATUS file into every distribution,  but I haven't
been
> > > able
> > > to re-find that guidance in the apache site. Can anyone help clarify
> > this
> > > please?
> > >
> > > The rest of these comments are all minor observations that wouldn't
> stop
> > > me
> > > +1-ing the release.  Indeed, some of them may result in
clarification
> > that
> > > what you have done is corrent and that will help SDO in future
> releases?
> > >
> > > I've had comments in the past that Apache like it if the names of
the
> > > release file names include the "apache-" prefix
> > >
> > > I think the copyright in the NOTICES file at the top level of the
> source
> > > distro should include 2005
> > >
> > > I thought that the intention of the BUILDING file was to guide a
> person
> > > who
> > > has downloaded the source distribution to be able to recreate the
> > > distribution files,  not just to compile and test?  I can't re-find
> the
> > > guidance on that having searched that apache site.
> > >
> > > The LICENSE file in binary distro contains CPL 1.0 twice,  once for
> > wsdl4j
> > > and then at the bottom for Jruby.
> > >
> > > It would be really helpful to include a package.html file for each
> > package
> > > so that the javadoc gives an overview of what each package does.
> > >
> > > Cheers, Kelvin.

SCA

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/0.90-incubating/