I would like to know the last revision and date at which a particular file
is updated just by opening the file in any editor and without having to do
anything extra, for e.g., like installing a plugin for eclipse, opening a
command prompt to issue an svn info command (note that the source I have
need not always be from svn, it could be a source archive for a release
downloaded separately), etc.  I found this info very useful while
investigating JIRAs.

++Vamsi