On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:25 PM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > snip....

> > > sounds ok to me.

> > > They don't talk to each other, other other than at the application
> > > level. If you want to have a node read it's configuration from the domain
> > > you can use the
> > > following factory method.
> > >
> > > public abstract SCANode2 createSCANode(String configurationURI);
> > >
> > > and provide the URI of the configuration that you want it to read.
> > > e.g.
> > >
> > > node = factory.createSCANode("http://localhost:9990/node-image/NodeA
> > > ");
> > >
> > > This URL is provided by the domain and is tailored specifically to
> > > provide just the right configuration (the list of composite and
> > > contribution
> > > URLs) for the node in question. NodeA in this case.
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >

> > Now I'm lost again :)
> >
> > Stepping back a bit, what and how is the domain involved in this? What
> > does it mean to "have a node read it's configuration from the domain"?
> >
> >    ...ant
> >

> Apologies. I'm probably confusing you here as I don't have a clear
> picture. Two scenarios.
>
> 1 - the one we know and love where the webapp is self contained and runs a
> node (SCADomain in our current host-webapp) to run the composite that it
> contains.
>
> 2 - the distributed domain scenario. The last time we approached this we
> had the node contacting the domain for endpoint information for those
> targets that could not be resolved locally. This gave us start up problems.
> This is still the role of the new domain but the way that the node gets this
> information is different now. This is where I too am suggesting that the use
> case is not clear.
>
> So if we agree that there are two slightly different scenarios we can
> investigate them further.
>
> Simon

Agreed, here we are talking about that second one right? Or at least
something different than the first anyway. Something like what we had
described here - http://apache.markmail.org/message/ttssxoruzpndkado

So  in the (2) above how does the "domain" get configured? In a previous
email you said "the webapp will have been contributed to the domain for
processing" is there any code i can look at showing that type of thing
happening? And then how do you create a node from a configured domain?