Graham Charters wrote:
Hi,

I've been working on a small sample to act as an OSGi "sniff test" for
Tuscany running in OSGi.  It's basically a cut-down version of what
Rajini has done in itest/osgi-tuscany and only runs the most basic
Calculator sample.  I still have some work to do to exclude all the
things which aren't required and also perhaps move it to use the
latest "1 manifest per 3rd party jar" approach.

Currently the sample takes ~3 mins to build and run and uses 56MB.
The main space usage is 17.5MB for the third-party dependencies and
35MB for the Felix bundle cache (61 bundles in total).  The full
Tuscany (itest/osgi-tuscany) using the same third-party library
approach is 151 bundles and 133MB total.

I'd like to understand whether people feel this would be useful and
whether it is approaching the kind of overhead that would be
acceptable for it to be included in the main build?

Regards, Graham.

+1 from me...

The time and space bother me a lot less than whether it would cause any extra failures. What plagues me are build & test failures. They can take hours to sort out.

Yours,  Mike.