Hi,

I'm starting to look into the performance improvements in the JAXB/AXIOM data transformation. It seems that the Axis2 1.4 has done a lot of good work there. If possible, I would like to leverage the latest AXIOM and Axis2 code base ASAP. The dependency might be only AXIOM but mixing the versions of AXIOM could be very risky.

From: "ant elder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 3:00 AM
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Tuscany support for Axis 1.4

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Mike Edwards
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Lou Amodeo wrote:

Is there a plan for Tuscany to support Axis2 1.4?

Lou,

Any particular goodies that we can expect to get by moving up to Axis 1.4?

Yours,  Mike.

Not sure if there are new functions that we need in 1.4 but the
release does include _lots_ of bug fixes so i think it would be worth
moving up. The main issues right now is I've just noticed there isn't
a corresponding Apache Rampart release for 1.4 yet which is what we
need for WS-Security, looks like its coming so guess we'll just have
to wait a bit.