On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:59 AM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:17 AM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Lou Amodeo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a plan for Tuscany to support Axis2 1.4?
> >>

> > Axis2 1.4 and the associated wss4j and rampart releases for 1.4 are  all
> > out and available in the Maven repositories now. I've still a couple of
> > issues to resolve to get everything in the build working with 1.4 but
> hope
> > to have those fixed in the next day or 2 so would like to move up to 1.4
> > then
> >

> This isn't going so well so I'm wondering if it would be better to NOT move
> up to Axis2 1.4 for the SCA 1.3 release. The are still some minor issues
> that are more of an inconvenience eg the way our soap/jms support is
> configured causes a big ugly stacktrace in samples that don't incude the
> JMS
> API now, but the main problem is with ws-security not working yet and when
> that is fixed a bug in WSS4J we'll like hit which may need a new release to
> fix [1]. How would people feel about staying on Axis2 1.3 for now, i know
> there's a dessire to get the latest versions of XmlSchema and AXIOM but
> will
> it break anything in our 1.3 release if we don't do that?
>
>   ...ant
>
> [1] http://apache.markmail.org/message/2t7kdnf2tw33sphg

Hi

I would err on the side of caution with this. I don't think it's a blocker
for cutting the branch for 1.3 and it sounds like we are still dependent on
the 3rd party WSS4J 1.5.5 release which could take weeks. If this comes out
and we are happy with it in trunk we can consider patching it into the 1.3
branch but I think we should go without it for now.

Regards