I've just checked in Ram's patch to convert validation messages (i.e. those
messages indicating that the user have provided invalid input of some form)
to resource bundles and pass them through the Monitor. We need to take
account of this change as we change or add code to do with validation.
Primarily the change;

- Pushes down a Monitor object to various parts of code that produce
validation type messages.
- Creates a problem object to hold any reported warning or error (sometimes
there a convenience error() or warning() operation has been added if there
are a lot of messages in a file)
-- Each problem is identified by an id string
-- The id string references into a resource bundle where the full message
has been moved to. There is now a resource bundle in each module that raises
validation messages
- Passes the Problem on to the Monitor object

Our default Monitor object simply passes the message to the JDK logger at
the moment but you could imagine a Monitor that collects them all together
for later analysis. Currently the majority of the exceptions that are thrown
during validation are still there so I guess we need to go through taking
out the ones that are not now absolutely necessary. The next job!

With this done we have catalogs of all of the errors/warnings that a user is
likely to come across (and examples of why the occur in the validation
itests) which should help our documentation somewhat.

Big thanks to Ram