On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Ramkumar R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Simon, itests for these validation messages are now available with
> TUSCANY-2329.
>
> On 5/19/08, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I've just checked in Ram's patch to convert validation messages (i.e.
> those
> > messages indicating that the user have provided invalid input of some
> form)
> > to resource bundles and pass them through the Monitor. We need to take
> > account of this change as we change or add code to do with validation.
> > Primarily the change;
> >
> > - Pushes down a Monitor object to various parts of code that produce
> > validation type messages.
> > - Creates a problem object to hold any reported warning or error
> (sometimes
> > there a convenience error() or warning() operation has been added if
> there
> > are a lot of messages in a file)
> > -- Each problem is identified by an id string
> > -- The id string references into a resource bundle where the full message
> > has been moved to. There is now a resource bundle in each module that
> > raises
> > validation messages
> > - Passes the Problem on to the Monitor object
> >
> > Our default Monitor object simply passes the message to the JDK logger at
> > the moment but you could imagine a Monitor that collects them all
> together
> > for later analysis. Currently the majority of the exceptions that are
> > thrown
> > during validation are still there so I guess we need to go through taking
> > out the ones that are not now absolutely necessary. The next job!
> >
> > With this done we have catalogs of all of the errors/warnings that a user
> > is
> > likely to come across (and examples of why the occur in the validation
> > itests) which should help our documentation somewhat.
> >
> > Big thanks to Ram
> >

> > Simon
> >

> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Ramkumar Ramalingam

Hi Ram

Thanks for the patch. It was a big one. In the future it would be easier to
have smaller committable chunks so we can review as you go;-)

I had to fix up the pom file to make it work so maybe that got missed out of
the patch. Also, you seem to have you tab key configured to include tabs. In
your IDE could you change it to include four spaces instead?

I'm going to check these changes in. Now we need to sort out what to do
about all of the exceptions that get thrown. I'll remove the validation
itests from the build temporarily while we do that.

Regards