On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Ramkumar R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Simon, itests for these validation messages are now available with
>> TUSCANY-2329.
>>
>> On 5/19/08, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've just checked in Ram's patch to convert validation messages (i.e.
>> those
>> > messages indicating that the user have provided invalid input of some
>> form)
>> > to resource bundles and pass them through the Monitor. We need to take
>> > account of this change as we change or add code to do with validation.
>> > Primarily the change;
>> >
>> > - Pushes down a Monitor object to various parts of code that produce
>> > validation type messages.
>> > - Creates a problem object to hold any reported warning or error
>> (sometimes
>> > there a convenience error() or warning() operation has been added if
>> there
>> > are a lot of messages in a file)
>> > -- Each problem is identified by an id string
>> > -- The id string references into a resource bundle where the full
>> message
>> > has been moved to. There is now a resource bundle in each module that
>> > raises
>> > validation messages
>> > - Passes the Problem on to the Monitor object
>> >
>> > Our default Monitor object simply passes the message to the JDK logger
>> at
>> > the moment but you could imagine a Monitor that collects them all
>> together
>> > for later analysis. Currently the majority of the exceptions that are
>> > thrown
>> > during validation are still there so I guess we need to go through
>> taking
>> > out the ones that are not now absolutely necessary. The next job!
>> >
>> > With this done we have catalogs of all of the errors/warnings that a
>> user
>> > is
>> > likely to come across (and examples of why the occur in the validation
>> > itests) which should help our documentation somewhat.
>> >
>> > Big thanks to Ram
>> >

>> > Simon
>> >

>> --
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Ramkumar Ramalingam
>>
> Hi Ram
>
> Thanks for the patch. It was a big one. In the future it would be easier to
> have smaller committable chunks so we can review as you go;-)
>
> I had to fix up the pom file to make it work so maybe that got missed out
> of the patch. Also, you seem to have you tab key configured to include tabs.
> In your IDE could you change it to include four spaces instead?
>
> I'm going to check these changes in. Now we need to sort out what to do
> about all of the exceptions that get thrown. I'll remove the validation
> itests from the build temporarily while we do that.
>
> Regards

> [...]

Ok, the tests are checked in now but I had a few problems with some of the
tests. I just commented out the assets for the time being.

impl.spring.UnableToResolveComponentTypeTestCase
impl.java.ContributionResolveExceptionTestCase
interfacejava.xml.ContributionResolveExceptionTestCase

Also it seems that some of the message conversion till needs to be done, for
example,

Seems that some of the underlying exceptions/log statements still need
converting
JavaIntrospectionHelper
JavaInterfaceIntrospectorImpl
etc.

Maybe you fixed these but didn't make a patch?

Thanks