JW wrote:

> Really obscure question (all times eastern) - when the network without
> the doubleheader switches to the end of a second 1:00 game ("bonus
> coverage"), they have to drop it at 4:15 so the doubleheader network
> has exclusivity. If bonus coverage of a 4:15 game ran past 8:20, would
> the network have to drop it so NBC can be exclusive?

"Bonus coverage" would only apply to 4:05 games, i.e., late games on the
network that doesn't have the doubleheader.

However, I don't believe this would come up, because I don't think either
CBS or Fox normally offers "bonus coverage" in the situation where they
have more than one late game in a non-doubleheader week -- once a game
ends, CBS will switch that audience to "60 Minutes" if it's after 7:00,
and Fox will switch to their postgame show, or whatever animated show is
being rerun at 7:30, or "The Simpsons" at 8:00.

And, of course, it would be an incredibly unusual event to have two 4:05
games still under way at 8:20 anyway.

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>