On Oct 20, 2009, at 1:06 AM, JW wrote:

>> "Bonus coverage" would only apply to 4:05 games, i.e., late games
>> on the
>> network that doesn't have the doubleheader.
>
> No. When the Pats-Titans primary national game ended Sunday, CBS
> switched to the end of Jets-Bills, which ran until 8:15. Had it gone
> another ten minutes...

Please reread my quote.  CBS had the doubleheader this week.  It
wasn't "bonus coverage" when CBS switched everyone from Pats-Titans to
Jets-Bills.

> In the '70s, on weeks where CBS' single game was early, I'd turn on my
> affiliate at 7:00 to see 60 Minutes, and they'd join the end of their
> late national game.

If it was a singleheader week, then it wasn't a "national game."

Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but in the '80s, I only remember
seeing CBS switch FROM local programming TO football (as opposed to
"60 Minutes") at 7:00 when...

1. It was a doubleheader week for CBS.
2. My local CBS affiliate wasn't showing a game at 4:00.  I was in
Tampa, so this happened in CBS doubleheader weeks when the Bucs played
a 1:00 home game against an NFC opponent.

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>