Luckily for us in NorCal, Vinnie's last games will be in San Francisco. Our
announcers have been telling Scully stories all year (and right now a lot,
as the Giants are breaking our hearts in Los Angeles now). I'm sure they
will be doing some special things for his last game (Scully grew up a
Giants fan).

Like every other boy that grew up in LA, Vinnie's voice soothed me to sleep
almost every summer night. Even though I grew up hating the Dodgers, I
loved him, and how gracious, rational, closely observed and articulate he
was.

But, I can't believe they have not figured it how to get that Dodger
channel thing worked out yet. And while this is a nice thing to do for the
fans in LA, the stated reason that it will convince locals to demand
SportsNet seems ridiculous; Scully's last years would have been the best
possible inducement for anyone who has not already been pressuring for it;
his retirement is more a reason to forget about it.