> On Sep 21, 2016, at 9:22 AM, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But, I can't believe they have not figured it how to get that Dodger channel
> thing worked out yet. And while this is a nice thing to do for the fans in
> LA, the stated reason that it will convince locals to demand SportsNet seems
> ridiculous; Scully's last years would have been the best possible inducement
> for anyone who has not already been pressuring for it; his retirement is more
> a reason to forget about it.

In fact, yesterday, as Charter announced the retirement of the Time Warner
Cable brand in southern California, they indicated that they're going to be
intransigent on the Dodgers channel, a local executive saying, "We would love
to sell the channel to others, but no one has bought it -- and we are not
giving it away. So if consumers want the Dodger channel, they'll need to
subscribe to us to get it."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-charter-ceo-20160920-snap-story.html

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>