Billy Bush lawyer: Bush risked firing if he rebuked Trump

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An attorney for Billy Bush is defending the TV
personality's part in a lewd 2005 exchange with Donald Trump.
Marshall Grossman told The Hollywood Reporter that Bush would have
been fired from his then-job with "Access Hollywood" if he'd been
passive or told Trump to shut up.
Grossman noted Bush was a NBC Universal employee talking with NBC's
"The Apprentice" star.
The attorney, who was quoted by the trade paper online Thursday,
declined comment when reached by phone.
Bush, who joined NBC News' "Today" as a co-host in recent months, was
suspended after the tape became public last week. NBC is said to be
privately negotiating his exit.
Both NBC and "Access Hollywood" declined to comment on the report. A
publicist for Bush didn't immediately respond when asked for comment.