And John Hodgman next week.

Thile has only thirteen new shows to prove himself, although I assume
they'll be spread out.  There'll probably be a Kellior rerun within the
next few weeks.  And since the "sponsors" are the same familiar ones from
all these years, one wonders if "Manuel Transmission" (Kellior's most
recent pseudonym for himself as a writer) will still be heard in the
credits.  I would also expect that the Powdermilk Biscuits jingle will
still be heard in the first hour as the secret station break (Kellior would
not agree to what has become the standard breaks at :20 and :40 on most
public radio shows for mostly promos and underwriting announcements--so
standard that even Amy Goodman does it--sort of--so as a compromise in the
first hour what will now be Thile saying "Powdermilk Biscuits, heavens
they're tasty and expeditious!" is the cue for stations who choose to do so
to run their break, preferably with just an announcer talking over the band
playing the Powdermilk jingle--and Thile will start singing the jingle at
exactly one minute from the band starting to play, so the station announcer
better hit the post--on other shows, the break is 90 seconds to 2 minutes).

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotligh...@gmail.com