On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 9:03 AM, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I watched the second episode, and while it still suffers from the problems
> I mentioned, I thought it was better than the pilot.

I agree the 2nd episode was better than the 1st. My question is if the
characters keep tweaking the timeline, the character of the historian is
going to quickly become useless as they diverge farther away from the
original unaltered history.

Also, there is a general sense of the original concept of Doctor Who in the
series, back when the character's background wasn't fully defined and he
was a time-traveling historian.

Shall we start a betting pool as to when they refer to the time travel
device as the TARDIS?

> On Sunday, 9 October 2016, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I so much wanted to love this show, like Kevin I am an alt history fan.
>> But the first episode did not strike me as being very smart or interested
>> in exploring the genre. Instead I get a bad feeling this is just going to
>> be something like "The Blacklist" or "Blindspot" transposed into the alt
>> history form. I hope I am wrong.
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> The only potential upside to the series is that I enjoy books about
>>> alternative histories (and the modern day repercussions), and there is
>>> potential for that in this series based on the pilot. But I will wait until
>>> the series has completed at least a season before seeing if that is
>>> emphasized or if it is the (to me) less interesting and more formulaic
>>> put-right-what-once-went-wrong premise.

>>> --
>>> Kevin M. (RPCV)
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> TV or Not TV .... The Smartest (TV) People!
>>> ---
>>> Groups "TVorNotTV" group.
>>> an email to tvornottv+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

> Sent from Gmail Mobile