Charger fans are passionate but relatively few in number. They had the
lowest attendance in the NFL this season (55,488). The Rams OTOH, playing
in a horrible stadium, drew the second most fans in the league (83,687).
The SD media market is about 2.5M people, LA more than 10.5M. Both those
numbers (attendance and media market) are mostly important for their impact
on something else (luxury boxes and ratings).

I am a Rams fan, and a traditionalist who would rather see a team in
traditional NFL cities. But I understand why the Chargers are moving up the
405