In the case of "Person to Person," the show's creators were the producer
and news writer of Murrow's daily radio program (the format of which in 15
minutes minus commercials was 6 to 7 minutes of news summary and five
minutes of commentary, pretty much a dead format these days with the rise
of all-news radio, five minute hourly newscasts and generally the end of
the notion that commentators were their own newsgathering entity beyond a
network news department--in this era Daniel Shorr would've had his own
15-minute program on NPR if it had been around instead of contributing to
"All Things Considered").  Murrow always said that he wanted his loyal
staffers to be making some more money than they could on just his radio
program.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotligh...@gmail.com