On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Bob Jersey <bobjer...@ptd.net> wrote:

> Steve Timko, to Mark J, Tom W, and Kevin, in part, today (13):
>>
>> Megyn Kelly dropped as host of Sandy Hook event. One advertiser pulls NBC
>>

>>> Mr Bezos' paywall is clamming shut on me... Variety
> <http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/megyn-kelly-statement-alex-jones-interview-backlash-sandy-hook-1202464149/>
> (link) -- like a separate piece in the Bleep* -- has Kelly's statement that
> she's just as shocked as anyone about Jones' apparent cred with Trump and
> others, and that her intent was, in fact, to impugn...

You misread her statement. She said her intent was to "shine a light," not
impugn. It looks like her idea of shining a light is to have a sit down
interview with him. Even if she asks tough questions, he can just deflect
them and claim not to be a news source. He can say that anybody who
considers him a news source is mistaken but that's on his listeners, not
him. The way to do a news story about someone like this is to talk about
the damage he causes and talk to people who have been hurt, like Sandy Hook
parents. Then bring him on at the end to hold him accountable.