On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Steve Timko <steveti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From The Associated Press.
> Connecticut's NBC affiliate says it's not going to air Megyn Kelly's
> report on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, the radio host who has alleged
> the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre was a hoax. It says "the wounds
> are understandably still so raw" in the state.
> In an internal memo obtained Friday by The Associated Press, NBC
> Connecticut staff members were told station executives made the decision
> after listening to concerns from employees, Sandy Hook families and
> viewers. The memo says the executives "considered the deep emotions from
> the wounds of that day that have yet to heal."
> A gunman killed 20 first-graders and six educators at the Newtown school
> in December 2012.
> NBC News vows to go ahead with Sunday's program.
> Kelly says she believes there's value in exposing what Jones says to the
> American people.
> Jones has said he believes her report will be a "fraud."

Here is what I think is the best take on the story, from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2017/06/16/just-trust-me-alex-jones-has-badly-damaged-nbcs-plans-for-megyn-kelly/#1983abf16fb7

He says what Kelly is doing is not journalism, but promotable TV. And NBC
News has to realize the damage she is doing tot their brand.