On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 2:53 PM, Pete Ahles <pete.ah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ​If you're referring to MGMT's performance, I just assumed that tag was a
> joke.
>
> This link says it was a stylish choice.
>
> https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/watch-mgmt-turn-
> colbert-performance-into-retro-music-video-w517162

I had the show on and the presentation of the song surprised me. The
picture went to a 4:3 AR (black bars on the sides of the picture) and there
were analog era distortions to the picture. At the end of the song when
Stephen came over the AR went back to 16:9 and it was clear the distortions
were an effect. I didn't think about it until you posted the link.