On my first episode, I finished the DJ! round with $9,400; Megan was in the
lead with $18,800.  My correct response in FJ! put us into a tie, and if she
hadn't wagered anything, we would have gone to a tiebreak.  I'm forever
grateful we didn't, 'cause she owned me on the button all day.

Looking at my contestant agreement, it doesn't appear to specifically exclude
collusion between players, though there is an "I am aware that it is a Federal
offense punishable by fine and/or imprisonment for anyone to rig the outcome of
the Program with the intent to deceive the viewing public" and an "I shall not
share, or make any agreement or promise to share, any prize or any portion of
any prize with any other contestant".  It feels like even a mildly-competent
lawyer could get his client off collusion charges if that was the crux of the
show's case, but there's also plenty of opportunity throughout to allow the
show to withhold prize money if you do something they feel is wrong.

Contestants who have yet to tape sit together in the first few rows of the
audience section stage left.  I can't really speak to what it's like during the
shows; I was on the first episode we taped that day, so I never got the
experience of sitting in the audience and being nervous.  (Having lost on the
Wednesday show, I also never got the experience of lunch in the Sony
commissary.)  There's some down time in the green room while everyone takes
turns in the makeup chair and going over which stories go on the card for Alex,
but you're still within earshot of the contestant coordinators.  The only real
opportunity to set something up would be in the van on the way to the
studio--the 2-1/2 mile trip from the hotel to the studio in the rain took,
rather remarkably, about 20 minutes--but at that point, you don't know anyone,
and if you're gonna collude with someone, you're gonna need to trust them.
(And trust that none of the the four or five other people in the van who
overheard your plotting will tattle to the contestant coordinators.)