Guys,
We all know that base-auth is a gold for our app and when we think about
another way like OAuth we get mad....
BUT
If the Toke had infinit life time (probabily will do), so the big poblem
transform in a little problem with 3 steps:

1-Your Webapp redirect the user to Twitter Web Site (Authentication)
2- User put username and password
3- Twitter redirect again the user for your Webapp authenticated.

For non-web app it a little different but easy any way...

It's not a big deal...

The most important point is the life time of token... bring OAuth and let's
made this happen !!!

--
Analista Desenvolvedor