The logical thing would be to set the referrer to the domain name of
your application. If it doesn't have one I'd say use your Twitter user
URL (i.e. http://twitter.com/stut).

Most HTTP libs in most languages will set a default user agent, and
it's usually pretty easy to override it. I'd suggest appname/0.1 where
appname is something that identifies your app and is a valid user
agent - Google can help you there. I doubt the version number is
important to anyone but you.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/projects/twitter