The worst that happens if you publish the consumer tokens in an
opensouce app is someone malicious uses it to abuse Twitter and the
consumer token gets banned. At which point you regenerate a new one
and push a new version of the app. The cycle may or may not start
again depending on the malicious party.

They can not act upon user accounts without the users going through
the authorize flow. Using basic auth it is already possible to use any
source and "impersonate" another application so not much is changing
here except better security for web applications.

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org
Hacker | http://abrah.am | http://twitter.com/abraham