Some clients don't even show the source... Tweetie for example..

There are a billion 3rd party applications out there, so I think if it
says "from API" it won't betray their use of TweetLater.  It just
means that they're using "not web" ...so who cares?

On a related note, I doubt if Twitter will close the "from web" source
key "loophole" because it would be an expensive operation to check and
filter that for every tweet coming from the API.  You could even spoof
another application if you know their source key.

In any event, I like this change b/c I like tracking source stats, and
this has given some interesting insight into "non-sourced" twitter
client usage... which according to my cursory overview is a lot less
than I was expecting.

Carry on,
-Chad