I'm monitoring the Twitter API response time and errors rate (using MRTG,
with a couple of different methods). If some of you are interested, I can
share these charts on a public page. I guess it could help you guys to
figure out why your apps are sometimes working weirdly. Could also help you
to determine at what time the Twitter API is the less loaded (if you can
delay your requests).

--
Arnaud Meunier
Twitoaster | http://twitoaster.com