Mine were all to do with urlencoding, and ensuring all post data is sent as post data, and none on the querystring for the URL; and thus ensuring I use the modified URLencoding method required for Oauth - which was previously being used, but not on the post data!
Once I did that, that test updates with all sorts of characters now succeed every time... including spaces < > & etc etc Seems good now... hope it stays that way! Good luck to you guys! On Jul 27, 10:46 pm, Duane Roelands <duane.roela...@gmail.com> wrote: > From my experimenting, it appears that posting a tweet is successful > if the text contains no spaces. Once you have a space in the tweet, > it fails. Researching... > > On Jul 28, 12:29 am, winrich <winric...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > ok guys. > > > so my calls were failing on the verify_credentials call and not on the > > update or timeline calls. the only difference i saw was the the > > verify_credential call wasn't secured. i changed it to https and it > > worked. ??? lol > > > On Jul 27, 9:19 pm, Chad Etzel <jazzyc...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Duane > > > > Roelands<duane.roela...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > RTFM is not a helpful answer, especially when many developers are > > > > relying on libraries that they did not write. > > > > That's a risk you run when using code you didn't write. > > > > I'm not saying that this situation doesn't suck for those affected. > > > I'm sure that it does. But, for a technology so new as OAuth, the > > > libraries may not be mature yet. > > > > Officially, Twitter OAuth is still in Public Beta and has never been > > > officially recommended to integrate into production code. That being > > > said, there could still be a problem on Twitter's end with their > > > signature verification mechanism and the libraries could all be valid. > > > I don't have a way of knowing. > > > > I do agree that at least a note that "a security change was pushed > > > today" would be nice, though. > > > > -Chad