No, Sign in with Twitter doesn't have the same flow as Facebook Connect.
 With Facebook Connect, once your sessions are created, they remain for that
user for a given time.  The user doesn't have to go through the entire login
process again each time you request a signature for them.  With Twitter, the
user has to go to an *entirely* different page, log in if they haven't,
click accept or decline, and then come all the way back to your site, *every
time*.
I also don't get why you think Facebook Connect is difficult to debug.
 Sounds like more an issue of education than not.  I've had worse issues
with OAuth debugging, to tell you the truth.  All the methods are provided
for you in Facebook Connect to know exactly what's going on - it's actually
very simple compared to the work I've done with OAuth, and the user never
has to leave my site to login.  With OAuth, there's no way of verifying if
your URL was written correctly, or what the issue was when tokens weren't
returned.  With Facebook, all that work is done for you, no coding necessary
on your end until the user is authenticated.  It's incredibly simple.

Jesse