As a developer who has recent launched Twaller (http://
www.twaller.com) which supports OAuth, I think I should share my
perspective on this.

I really loved OAuth because:

(1) Ease of coding. I could get OAuth working within a couple of days.
Saves me any password maintenance, encryption etc.
(2) Integration with Twitter Branding. With the OAuth scheme, I
believe my website is more integrated with Twitter. It would also be
nicer if Twitter would maintain their own list of websites they trust
with Oauth, just to give users the added confidence that Twitter
trusts me.
(3) Saves me worrying about SSL. A lot of people are finicky about
HTTPS/SSL. This was I can just ytell them that if Twitter wants Oauth
that way in future, we will simple provide it.

The part I hate about OAuth is that the OAUth page is extremely slow
to load and sometimes does not load at all. I see this issue with the
Twitter website in general as well, sometime postst from the web just
don't go through. I would much appreciate if people at Twitter can
address scalability problems to OAUTH, because that I believe is the
biggest user turnoff.