Inline about 302's. I'm trying to get info on your other questions:

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Justin Hart<onyxra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does this affect POST as well as GET?  The issue here is the way
> clients handle 30x after POST.  Most clients (now by convention) do
> not respect the RFC (http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-
> sec10.html#sec10.3) and will send a GET after POST always.  Some
> clients will respect the method, but not re-post any data.  We need to
> be sure we are all expecting the right things.

You are correct that lots of clients now redirect with a GET instead
of a POST, even curl does this, which is a bummer.

The best thing to do in that case is to catch the response code
(without following the redirect automatically) and manually re-attempt
the POST with the new location.

We know it's a pain, but that's one way around the POST->GET problem.

-Chad