On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Eric <eric.gaygesh...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Any idea when the limit will be increased to 20,000? I'm sure myself
> as well as other sites are suffering a bit because of the limitation
> of API calls.

Please read the history of the mailing list. There *IS NO ETA* on anything;
it merely depends on whether the people who are "spamming" (i.e. DoSing)
twitter ever decide to go away or not.

As has been said before, you can help by throttling your program based on
what twitter's services tell you to throttle to. Provided that your app
behaves, your app's limit may be increased when there is capacity for the
system to handle it.

You have my sympathies, but at least it's not your site which is being
DoS-ed, so do please have consideration for the time and hard work of the
staff at twitter.

--
Thanks,

Michael Chang