2009/8/10 sasha <avio...@gmail.com>

> Here is my follow up question - if my user have been previously
> authenticated, and I now have the access token and secret, why would I
> use the "authenticate" call vs. just using the "view credentials"
> call?  In other words, by using "view credentials" I am just making
> sure that the access token is still valid, and I am effectively
> accomplishing the same thing.

Account/verify_credentials should be used to test access tokens no matter
which endpoint you use.

Oauth/authenticate works just like oauth/authorize in that it is used in the
process to get access tokens. It just skips a few steps.

--
Abraham Williams | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org
Hacker | http://abrah.am | http://twitter.com/abraham