John, the original message of this thread is about rate limit being
totally erratic, as several users have noticed. here is the detail of
what I'm seeing:

http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/40c82b4dbc0536bd

Here is another user reporting the problem :
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/51bd6667d3b0a0a6

Basically the X-RateLimit-Remaining header goes up and down and up
again between adjacent requests (all authenticated requests).

The result is that the limit can appear to be reached way before 150
requests were issued...

Thanks