This usually happens during peak tweet times and the search servers
get out of sync updating the indexes across all of the boxes. So, when
you refresh, you might be getting results from a different server with
a non-identical set of results. We're working to eliminate these
discrepancies, but as you can imagine it's a tricky problem.
-Chad