On Oct 6, 11:06 am, Jesse Stay <jesses...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I said the same thing in the last thread about this - still no clue what
> Twitter is doing with cursors and how it is any different than the previous
> paging methods.
> Jesse

Is the main advantage that the new method takes a snapshot of the
followers list and let's you page through them?

I'd be willing to sacrifice some accuracy for speed since I'm not
doing anything like auto-unfollow.  From a sample set of 150k calls to
the api the average latency I have (from the west coast) is .85
seconds.  Grabbing a follower list serially, 100 at a time is
painful.  I much preferred what I was doing before (total # / 100 ->
fire off that many calls in parallel).  If I dropped a few followers
in the process, that was ok because it's so much faster and I don't
need my copy of the social graph to be 100% accurate.