Ahhh. I see what you are  doing. My confusion was based off the TWitter
seem to be counted toward the max 140 character length. But I was seeking
definitive confirmation was someone.

I'll modify the Bash script to add parameters to if is this affects the length.
Because the Advance Search Tool doesn't seem to functioning in the same manner
per my earlier example:

--start of earlier post

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=&ands=Allofthesewords&phrase=Thise...=en&from=leonspencer&to=leonspencer&ref=leonspencer&near=&within=15&units=mi&since=2009-10-07&until=2009-10-18&rpp=15

When I strip away the parameter names and operators, this is the
values stringed together:

AllofthesewordsThisexactphraseAnyofthesewordsNoneofthesewordsThishashtagenleonspencerleonspencerleonspencer15mi2009-10-072009-10-1815

Length is at 133 but still getting error from the advanced search:

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=&ands=Allofthesewords&phrase=Thise...=en&from=leonspencer&to=leonspencer&ref=leonspencer&near=&within=15&units=mi&since=2009-10-07&until=2009-10-18&rpp=15

"Sorry, your query cannot be more than 140 characters long (it is 161
characters). "

So I don't know what it is counting.

--end of earlier post