I did try putting it in the array but only did one more quick test. I
will have to try it again. I am pretty sure from the limited amount of
documentation that the array holds post values for when you make a
POST api call.

If the OAuth class is this buggy (given that the array is the issue
and I fix it later) this class really should not be posted on the
Twitter API wiki as the main PHP OAuth example.

More testing for now...