I've noticed that with the new retweet feature, retweets no longer
appear in the user_timeline API calls.  Is this intentional or is this
a bug?   If it is a bug, any ideas on the expected fix date?  I
noticed a lot of complaints about this searching on twitter (like
"hey, retweets don't show up in my XYZ application!")

If it is intentional, there is no longer a way to get public retweets
using the developer API calls.  Unless I am missing something?  The
only way I see to do this is through the retweet API calls which
require an authenitcated user.

Thanks for any help you can provide.  I'm trying to get all the
information I can before I start sinking time into writing a fix for
this for my application.