I know some people will kick my shins over this, but I would not
recommend using Twitter OAuth (or Facebook Connect for that matter) as
the primary mechanism for logins to your own site.

Why would one expose your site to the stability, availability,
temperament, and good graces of another service over which you have no
control? If they are down, or for some reason they blocked you, your
app is dead in the water (nobody can login), even if there is
functionality that does not depend on API calls to the external
service. You may have a lot of things cached so that your site can
function even when Twitter OAuth is on the blink. That helps you
nothing if you depend on Twitter OAuth for user logins to your site.