precisely.

in a web scenario, developers are encourage to go through the web
workflow - this new workflow is for those environments where bringing
up a browser is impossible (embedded devices), cumbersome, or would
destroy the UX experience.  i would love to see developers message to
their users that they are "secure" in that they are using OAuth, but i
realise that is a complicated thing to get across easily.

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team