Duane Roelands wrote:
> There was a great opportunity here for Twitter to be a security leader
> in the social network space by saying "We don't want our users giving
> their Twitter credentials to anyone except Twitter".  It's a shame
> they didn't stick to their gun; the result is going to be a less-
> secure ecosystem.

One potential middle ground, that would require enforcement manpower but
potentially create a win-win scenario, is to say that web apps are not
allowed to use the u/pw OAuth flow except as a migration strategy, and
punish (by deactivation) apps that do not comply.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.