Hi Dewald,

This is a known issue with protecting resources in desktop / mobile
applications in general. I myself have brought it up in the OAuth spec
list and you can feel free to read the thread referenced below.

The consensus, which I agree with is, that while it is impossible to
completely safe guard OAuth key material from a would-be client-side
bad guy, OAuth still has significant advantages over other, more
traditional authorization options on the desktop. 1) OAuth requests
generally do not have the ability to change or reset user passwords
(the most common form of local authentication. Generally
authentication of last resort.); 2) OAuth authorization tokens may be
easily revoked.

That said, it is a risk, and as with any authorization and/or
authentication implementation, developers should familiarize
themselves with them.

Further reading at:
http://groups.google.com/group/oauth-objective-c/browse_thread/thread/6f56c98510bc89ce

--