Thanks, Ryan, I really appreciate it.

The app's launched, by the way, so the cat's out of the bag – it's
called Feathers (decorate your tweets!) :) There's a short 1-min
screencast at http://feathersapp.com if you guys want to take a look.
It's already getting a stream of awesome reviews on Twitter.

The account that I would love to have is @feathers (dormant since
2007) and, if possible, the unused @feathersapp account also so as not
to confuse users.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with.

All the best,
Aral

On Feb 12, 2:04 am, Ryan Sarver <rsar...@twitter.com> wrote:
> Aral,
>
> Thanks for the thorough follow up. First of all we definitely care and we
> try to show that as opposed to just saying it. The @username issue is a
> really sticky one for us for a number of reasons. With that being said, I'm
> going to meet with our team internally to review the process and see if we
> can come up with better answers to your questions and see if we can improve
> the process at all.
>
> We want to support our developers the best way we can so we're totally open
> to fixing the process if it's broken.
>
> Best, Ryan
<snip>