Read about creating protocol handlers. [1] When you get a request_token from
Twitter supply an oauth_callback set you yourtwitterapp://callback, or
something similar, and when the user returns from twitter they will jump
back to your application with a get parameter of oauth_token=xyz. You can
then retrieve the access_token.

Abraham

[1]
http://www.mobileorchard.com/apple-approved-iphone-inter-process-communication/