The rate_limit_status method does not take a username as a parameter. All
account methods act on the authenticating user's account (or in the case of an
unauthenticated call, the requesting IP address). In order to get each other's
rate limit information, you'll need to have both the user's authenticated as
themselves.

--
Chris Thomson