Sorry, I hit the reply to author accidentally on my last reply. Sounds
like what's happening is a caching latency. I've set my script to do
an exponential backoff on the errors starting at 4 seconds, but none
of the attempts ever requires more than the 4 second delay. Until the
Twitter team can figure out an optimization for this I'll just keep
the number of IDs per call down to 50 or less.

Thanks for your time!