On 04/09/2010 08:26 PM, Taylor Singletary wrote:
> Let there be no doubt that not only will Chirp be an opportunity for
> developers to learn and talk to platform developers & Twitter employees
> directly about what will obviously be a hot topic on everyone's mind, but
> Chirp will also in itself be a platform for Twitter to clarify existing
> capabilities and introduce new platform opportunities available to our
> obviously instrumental developer community.
>
> No one Twitter experience will ever define Twitter. No one app will ever
> define a platform. Not all use cases, analytical opportunities, clients,
> redefinitions, evolutions of, extrapolations on, libraries for the API of,
> insights for, integrations of, thoughts on, run-on-sentences-written-about,
> financial opportunities, or choices offered to consumers in the Twitter
> universe have been explored.

Or, to quote G. Spencer Brown: "What is not allowed is forbidden." ;-)

Interesting thought: Twitter is the *only* major API I'm aware of that
does *not* require a per-user or per-company API key. Sure, there's the
oAuth *application* keys, but there's no API key that tells Twitter
"this activity is coming from Ed Borasky, regardless of IP address or
account or application." It would make my life as a developer simpler if
a user of applications I create had to have an API key from Twitter to
use them. Would it complicate Twitter's life substantially to do that?

Do I need to bring a copy of "I Ching" to Chirp? Is there a favored
translation? The postings from Twitter on this mailing list quite often
appear to have been composed by a similar process. ;-)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net @znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős