On my Linux (openSUSE 11.2 with some of the advanced repositories) the
message "Unable to locate you. Try again" is showing up, and my tweets
aren't getting geotagged. Firefox 3.6.3, Google Chrome 5.0.375.9 dev and
Seamonkey 2.0.4 all do this, and it happens for both wired and wireless
connections.

I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the Linux stack beneath the browser -
the one time I booted one machine up in Windows, it worked in Firefox
3.6.3 with a wireless connection. And it used to work on Linux with
Firefox. I haven't tried any other distros or rolling back to Firefox
3.5. I might try a Lucid Lynx LiveCD just to see what happens, but I'd
rather get openSUSE to work, since I'm not planning to switch distros
just to get my tweets tagged. ;-)

Is anyone else seeing this? The Firefox demo at
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/geolocation/#geo-demo works!
Anything else I should be looking at? I can grab Wireshark traces but
don't know what to look for.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős