The utility of various use cases has to be balanced with the overall
Twitter experience that affects every Twitter user. I'd guess that the
product team is generally going to bias away from exposing unfollows
to the population at large, while not restricting unfollow discovery
from motivated parties. Also, the product team will, just as in any
company, always bias towards building features that affect the
population at large. So, these features fall into the null
intersection of these two disjoint sets. Given competing priorities,
little is likely to be done here unless there was a huge efficiency
gain to be had somewhere...

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.